Introduction to Science PolicyOnline nanocourse for Harvard STEM graduate students
Second Edition ─ March 2021
The Introduction to Science Policy is a 4-day online nanocourse for Harvard STEM graduate students in March 2021. Participants will engage with science policy experts in four 2-hour evening sessions divided in two weeks and designed to enhance professional skills needed for a variety of careers, including science policy.
Students will benefit from a hands-on experience through daily activities and a capstone assignment to apply the concepts learned throughout the course.
Graduate students can combine this course with two others from the HMS Curriculum Fellows Program and obtain credit (see here). Postdocs may register, but will only be granted access to the course as space allows. Please note students on the waitlist from the previous edition will be given priority.
Course content encompasses three pillars:
Foundations of Science Policy
- Understand and identify core concepts at the intersection of science and policy.
- Discover the vast ecosystem of potential science policy careers.
- Gain practical skills relevant to all careers through a series of exercises concluding with a science policy pitch.
How to preregister
Please submit your application by clicking here.
By completing this registration form you are indicating your interest in attending this course. This is not a guarantee of admission to the course. The determination of final class rosters may consider the order of registration, student G-year or status, and other programmatic requirements, restrictions, or preferences. Please note students on the waitlist from the previous edition will be given priority. You will be contacted via email prior to the first meeting of the course to confirm your enrollment.
You should provide your personal information in the form and a short statement discussing what motivates you to enroll. Please specify if you want to register for credit when prompted.
The Fellowship is offered to STEM students. This includes ─but is not limited to─ candidates with the following background:
- Natural sciences, including Life sciences and Physical sciences.
- Medicine and Public Health.
- Engineering, including Biological engineering.
- Mathematics and Applied mathematics
All preregistrations must be submitted before March 12, 2021
Questions and concerns
Please address any questions or concerns to email@example.com
Deadline: March 12
» At a glance
SCI Introduction to Science Policy Nanocourse
- Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 6 – 8 pm
- Thursday, March 25, 2021, 6 – 8 pm
- Tuesday, March 30, 2021, 6 – 8 pm
- Thursday, April 1, 2021, 6 – 8 pm
Online (Zoom and Canvas)
Harvard STEM graduate students interested in science policy.
Also open to postdocs.
Interested in the nanocourse?
It takes place in